Retail and Wholesale Fuel/Refinery

Sir, I am a purchasing manager for petrol stations in Oceania region, our corporation has several petrol stations in the area. for several years we have been depended into purchasing downstream refined products from the major oil suppliers totaling 38000 M/T monthly we also own our own storage tanks and facility.hence recently our corporation has decided to purchase the crude oil directly from upstream providers, yet we have submitted several applications to major oil producing countries with our letter of intent , banking information and finical statements to purchase the crude oil , however the supplier cordially replied us to submit a refinery or a processing agreement to them which we do not posses.I have contacted a privately owned refinery in a neighboring island and explained the circumstances ,in turn they asked us if we have the contract in place which again we do not because the supplier wants to see the agreement first ,and now the refinery wants to see the contract in place first.
we are in an awkward situation which spells out which is first the Chicken or the Egg?
any opinion or information will be greatly appreciated.
Steven T

You should have a production agreement with the refinery, with which you will be refining the crude oil, in place before making a contract to purchase crude oil.  They may already have an agreement in place for deliveries of crude oil from the same supplier you contacted and do not want to have you cut of being the middle man.  You may contact me direct at or call me at +1(406)853-4251 if you want to discuss this further.  

Retail and Wholesale Fuel

Bob van der Valk

Bob van der Valk recently joined the Bakken Oil Business Journal as their Managing Editor of the bi-monthly print and digital journal editions, connecting business and resources for the greater Bakken area. Bob has collaborated & contributed to the editorial voice of the Bakken Oil Business Journal since its inaugural issue in May of 2012. He has been the source of information on the petroleum industry, as a whole, in addition to paying specific attention to the booming growth of Oil & Gas industry in the Bakken Oil Shale Region. Bob is quoted regularly in the national media for his expertise on petroleum industry matters and fluctuations in the prices of petroleum products. Bob has over 50 years of experience in the downstream refining and marketing sector of the petroleum industry with particular expertise on the U.S. western region. He is also a regular guest on Tom Egelhoff’s “Open for Business” radio program on KMMS-AM 1450 from Bozeman discussing current events in the petroleum industry for the region.

I have over 50 years experience in both the major and independent side of the refining and marketing side of the US petroleum industry.

Bakken Oil Business Journal

Associate in Arts degree at Cerritos College, Cerritos, CA

California Real Estate Broker

4Refuel LLC, Lynnwood, Washington