Retirement Planning/SEPP 72(t)

I have been withdrawing from my IRA through the 72(t) rule. I took my first monthly distribution on April 1, 2008 so my 5-year period will be done next April 1 (I'll be 60 at that point). I plan to keep withdrawing the same amount for the foreseeable future, but would like to make a one-time larger withdrawal to buy a new car. Would it be safe to make that withdrawal as soon as April 2, should I wait will May, or even until the 2014 tax year?

I am terribly sorry for the time it's taken to respond to this question.  All of the advisors I spoke with in my network agreed with me that you can make the additional withdrawal immediately after completing the 72(t) distribution, but I still wanted to consult with a CPA to be certain.  In fact, this is correct; you can take the additional withdrawal on April 2nd.  

Retirement Planning

Rob Drury

Retirement planning, tax qualified retirement plans (401(K), IRAs, etc.), mutual funds, insurance used in retirement planning, estate planning (tax planning, transfer of assets, creditor protection).

Comprehensive financial planner, 14 years; Executive Director, Association of Christian Financial Advisors, the nation's largest nonprofit financial planning network. Financial writer and frequent contributor to journalists and media sources.

Association of Christian Financial Advisors (Executive Director), National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).

BBA, MAS; Securities licenses, FINRA Series 6, 63, 65, 22

Fox Business News, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Small Business,,,,,,,,,, Can Do Finance Online, Credit Sesame, Money & Finance Online, The Fiscal Times, Business Insider,,