Retirement Planning/Series I-Bond

Can Series I-BOND Interest be claimed annually?
Thank you

A Series I bond can be redeemed after 1 year but you have to cash the whole thing in and cannot just take the interest. If redeemed in the first 5 years, there is a penalty of 3 months interest. They can be kept for up to 30 years. So if your not planning on keeping them for 5 years, it is probably not a good choice. The most you can purchase in 1 calender year is $10,000, so if you are at or near retirement, you wouldn't be able to purchase enough in a reasonable period of time to create a meaningful income. Here is a link with more info. I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Retirement Planning

David M Iannopollo

I am a professional financial advisor who can assist you with answers on mutual funds, annuities, IRA's, rollovers, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, retirement planning, educational planning, life, disability and LTC insurances. I can also show you how to take advantage of the stock market gains without the risk of loss!

I have over 25 years experience in the business and financial world.

Life experience has been my greatest education!