Retirement Planning/roth conversion

Question
What is required to convert and transfer my IRA funded with after tax money to my Roth IRA?
Thank you

Answer
Hello K,

I apologize for the delay I have been on vacation and forgot to notify AllExperts.

The conversion is simple.  Wherever you currently have your IRA ask your IRA custodian (the 800 number on your statement) for the form to convert.  That's it!  Next April 15th you will need to pay the taxes on the conversion.  The taxes will depend on your tax rate at the time.  I suggest speaking with your tax advisor to get an idea of how much that will be.

Dan

Retirement Planning

Daniel Cordoba