Retirement Planning/roth conversion

What is required to convert and transfer my IRA funded with after tax money to my Roth IRA?
Thank you

Hello K,

I apologize for the delay I have been on vacation and forgot to notify AllExperts.

The conversion is simple.  Wherever you currently have your IRA ask your IRA custodian (the 800 number on your statement) for the form to convert.  That's it!  Next April 15th you will need to pay the taxes on the conversion.  The taxes will depend on your tax rate at the time.  I suggest speaking with your tax advisor to get an idea of how much that will be.

Retirement Planning

Daniel Cordoba

I am able to effectively and reliably answer questions that are related to self-directed IRAs, funding a business with an IRA or 401k and business exit strategies. I cannot answer questions that are considered to be direct investment advice or speculation on return on investment. I will not and cannot answer questions that are related to securities. I will not and cannot answer questions that require specific legal advice.

My overall expertise, media information and experience can be viewed on my personal page I have been in the self-directed IRA advisory business since 2000; which is an eternity for our industry. I have been quoted, featured or referenced to by many of the major media such as ABC World news, Kiplingers, Forbes, Wall Street Journal and many other media outlets.

Author: From Wall Street To Main Street, Your Guide to Self-Directed Investing ISBN 978-0-615-22308-7 Author: From Wall Street to Main Street, How to Determine the Self-Directed IRA or Self-Directed 401k(k)Plan that Fits Your Needs ISBN 978-0-557-17478-2

BA Business Management, University of Phoenix 1985

2009, FIVE STAR Wealth Manager Client Satisfaction, Crescendo Business Services/Texas Monthly Magazine 2009, 2010 Best of Local Business Award, US Local Business Association

Unable to do so contractually.