Retirement Planning/inherited 401k

Question
My husband passed away in 2011. I inherited his 401k through Fidelity. I chose to leave the 401k with Fidelity. I am 58 years old. Can I rollover half of the 401k to a roth? Thank you.

Answer
You will first have to roll the 401(k) into your own IRA, you can then convert that to a ROTH. I am assuming your husband did was not 70 1/2 or older at his death.  

Remember, you can also invest that IRA is real estate, private loans, or other private investments as well. You don't have to stay in what the investments firms want you to stay in.

I hope this was helpful.

Joe DiDomenico  

Retirement Planning

Joe DiDomenico