Retirement Planning/FDIC


I once read an article on increasing FDIC coverage above the individual limit by using Payable-on-death (POD) bank accounts with a charitable organization as a small beneficiary in a new IRA CD. However, I have been unable to find the article. Do you know of a good source of information on how to accomplish this task?
Thank you

Dear A

No, neither do I have any idea why you would find such a plan as practical. If your desire is to make a deferred gift to a charity with the intention of the charity getting the benefit paid at your death, a life insurance policy would do it better, and the premiums could be deductible.

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF
CA License 0374776
(888) 792-2379

Retirement Planning

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF


I have answered many questions regarding 401ks, IRAs and annuities as well as life insurance. I have been counselling against most Qualified Plans since 1994.


Ranked in the top 5 in retirement catagories at most of its last 2 1/2 years. Organizations I belong to: National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors-California
Inland Empire Estate Planning Council

Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow

©2017 All rights reserved.