Retirement Planning/IRA CDs

I once read an article on increasing FDIC coverage above the individual limit by using Payable-on-death (POD) bank accounts with a charitable organization as a small beneficiary in a new IRA CD. However, I have been unable to find the article. Do you know of a good source of information on how to accomplish this task?
Thank you

But my understanding is that you will need a revocable trust to take advantage of layering FDIC insurance and an IRA will not qualify, even if you have multiple beneficiaries.

Here is a link to the FDIC website information on this.

You can have your IRA be the Grantor of a revocable trust and take advantage of the additional insurance that way. see  Some people will use the strategy to enable their IRA to buy real estate or other private investments, but some will use for the additional FDIC insurance.

Joe DiDomenico  

Retirement Planning

Joe DiDomenico

I can answer any questions related to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA). This includes what can and can't be done with an IRA because of IRS regulations. I can also answer questions about the different types of retirement accounts and how they apply to different people in different situations. I can help direct people on what steps to take next with their retirement accounts.

I was a Financial Consultant at Merrill Lynch for 7 years and a Senior Vice President at CitiGroup for 3 years.

I wrote a book entitle, "Blame It On the Broker", currently for sale on Amazon.

Bachelor's in Financial Services from San Diego State University