Retirement Planning/IRA/Retirement


I was employed at a clinic in New Mexico and I paid into Northwestern Mutual Life as an employee.  I am inquiring as to what do I have to do to find out what I have invested and how I can reinvest my money or roll it over to my current retirement.  I left my job and have failed to look into what I have pending.
Thank you in advance for responding to my question/concern.

Inez Gallegos-Lujan

Hi Inez,
You'll have to call Northwestern Mutual. You should have received account statements but if you haven't they can verify your identity over the phone. It is generally best to roll over a former employer's 401k to an IRA instead of into a new employer's plan. Northwestern Mutual can help you with that as well. You could also have them look at your new employer's plan and help you make the investment decisions for that one as well. It's your money Inez, I would ask you to pay a bit more attention to it because it can pay off down the road! Let me know if you have any more questions.


Retirement Planning

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


David M Iannopollo


I am a professional financial advisor who can assist you with answers on mutual funds, annuities, IRA's, rollovers, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, retirement planning, educational planning, life, disability and LTC insurances. I can also show you how to take advantage of the stock market gains without the risk of loss!


I have over 25 years experience in the business and financial world.

Life experience has been my greatest education!

©2017 All rights reserved.