Retirement Planning/Mostly bonds in tax deferred accounts?

Question
Hi, If you have both a ROTH IRA and tax deferred accounts such as a rollover IRA, 401K, etc, would it make more sense to have the bond portion of your portfolio in those tax deferred accounts and stocks/equities in the ROTH?  Since the ROTH is tax free when you take it out, would it make sense to aim to have the most growth in there compared to tax deferred where money is taxed? Since bonds wont grow as much as stocks, I'm wondering if this makes sense. Thanks.

Answer
Hi RL,
That's an interesting question and one I've never gotten before. It would make a lot of sense providing your stocks and equities perform better than the bond portion. Assuming that they do, yes it would be a good idea. Of course, if the reverse is true, it wouldn't work out in your favor. All things considered I really can't say that it's not a good idea. Thanks for the great question.

Dave

Retirement Planning

David M Iannopollo