Retirement Planning/long term care annuities

My wife & I are planning on retiring at the end of the year & are trying to get our affairs in order. Is long term care insurance a good purchase? We don't know much about annuities.Should we consider a long term care annuity?  Or just leave our money in our 401k?

Is there any articles or books that you would recommend that would educate us?

Thank you for your help.

Richard E. Reyes, CFP
Richard E. Reyes, CFP  
Thanks for your question. Hope I can help a little.

The first thing I would do is run (not walk) to a Certified Financial Planner in your area who can help to put together a comprehensive review of your personal situation. It is important that you make sure you have all the right information as it pertains to YOU. The issue of whether Long-Term care, annuities, markets, etc. are good or not is dependent on many variables most importantly your goals and objectives. The items you stated are merely tools to get you from point A to point B. Whether or not they are good for your particular situation is based on a lot of information you must provide. All these tools or some of them may have a place in what you are trying to accomplish, but only a well-informed Certified Financial Planner can most certainly build you a good path to follow.

Hope this helps!  

Retirement Planning

Richard E. Reyes, CFP

I can provide answers to questions relating to retirement especially relating to; income distribution, tax efficiency, long-term care insurance, life insurance, estate planning, asset protection, variable and fixed annuities, alternative investments and prudent portfolio design.

Through the years Richard has built a reputation as one of Central Florida's expert on retirement income distribution by providing sound, unbiased wealth coaching. We believe that Financial Planning is the problem and Wealth Coaching is the solution. The Wealth Coaching process gives you Peace of Mind, so you can stop worrying about your future. It helps you find happiness as it guides you in the TRUTH of investing, by teaching you how to make wise choices as you journey through your life’s stages. It is all about your relationships and what you value, not your net worth.

Seminole Success Magazine “Retirement Planning” Seminole Success Magazine “Small Business Snapshot” The Orlando Sentinel – Ask the Expert Financial Section (Various) Greater Orlando Broker Agent Magazine “The New It” Senior Market Advisor “Random Reader, Random Questions”

B.S. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
CFP Certificate, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL