Retirement Planning/Retirement Planning

I'm a 22 year old college junior, majoring in General Studies, how would you recommend I start and where to start saving for the future?

Dear Claiborne,

First you must define your time goals and what you are saving for. Then you need to consider what you expect your financial options to do in the way of performance. The difficulty you face is that most financial advisors are limited to what they have been trained to sell as the only solution.

No advisor can counsel you without knowing your circumstances and your values. Of this I am certain, the one tool that has the most to offer is properly designed, properly funded permanent life insurance. This vehicle will out-perform all Qualified Retirement plans, when comparing products of comparable safety/risk.

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF
CA License 0374776
(888) 792-2379

Retirement Planning

Willard R. Brumbaugh, LUTCF

I have answered many questions regarding 401ks, IRAs and annuities as well as life insurance. I have been counselling against most Qualified Plans since 1994.

Ranked in the top 5 in retirement catagories at most of its last 2 1/2 years. Organizations I belong to: National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors-California
Inland Empire Estate Planning Council

Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow