How to Make the Right Move/How can I find out if she's interested

I come to you today with a major problem. I have the biggest crush on a female cashier at my local meat market. I went to high school with her (we're both 18) but we've never actually met, despite having some mutual friends. I wasn't attacted to her then but now for some reason I can't stop thinking about her. It's like I see her in a whole new light. The only problem is that I'm really shy around her. When I go to buy something at this market and I'm about to check out my heart starts racing and I can't speak. I guess I have this problem with her because I don't know her and since all my past girlfriends have been friends before I have no experience in approaching women. So my two questions are: 
1. How can I get myself to act right infront of her without feeling like I'm going to pass out?
2. How can I find out if she's interested and attract her?"

I have been in this very same situation and more than once and I believe I know the feeling.

First, make sure you break the ice with her first by having some kind of small talk at least a few times when there is no one waiting in line behind you.

Then, if and when you establish some kind of communication, tell her playfully - I wonder what you are like when you are not working. Is there any chance to find out? Don't make a big deal out of it and don't act like it's a matter of life and death and see how she responds.   

How to Make the Right Move

Ask any questions related to approaching women in any situation, starting a conversation, flirting, pick-up lines, and body language, recognizing and epxressing interest in another person.

Author of the best-selling "Powerful Pick-Up" Audio Program at Helped dozens of men to overcome their obstacles in approaching, meeting and attracting women.

M.A. in Philosophy and Logic