How to Make the Right Move/Whats my next move?

Question
So, I'm in high-school and I have a few classes with this girl. I've known her as a fellow student for a few months but never really thought about it much beyond that. However more recently, I have noticed she has been staring at me in class and I have been catching her eye more often than I would normally expect. But as a guy, I probably wouldn't have thought much of that if a friend of mine hadn't brought it up to me at lunch one day saying he thought she was into me. I kept a closer eye on her for about a week or so and made some small talk about school and such. And through these conversations I noticed another sign that she laughed at almost everything I said that was even moderately funny and I kept making eye contact with her, the kind that lasts like a millisecond longer than usual.  So, what's the problem? The problem is that I finally decided to ask her if maybe she wanted to study for a big exam we got coming up. So after class, I made some small talk about a quiz we had taken that day and then asked if maybe we could get together and study over the weekend. This is where it all goes wrong. I saw it on her face, the smile she had on dropped of and was replaced with a very serious face. She then told me that she couldn't do anything this weekend but maybe another time without looking me in the eye. So I responded with a simple, "alright, cool" and then she ran off to her next class.
Later that day after school, I noticed her drifting around near my locker with some of her friends and i caught her eye two more times for that second too long.
Now I'm trying to figure out what my next move is. Should I ask her on Monday again if she can study anytime for the test on Thursday? Did I surprise her with the invite? Is she not interested? I've got two sisters and I'm still trying to figure out women...

Answer
This is a surprising but not uncommon female behavior. If you really feel like it, you should suggest studying together again, as maybe she was a little embarrassed to too shy and wasn't ready for your invite the first time. IF this leads to the same reaction again, then you can safely move on.

Thanks,

PH

How to Make the Right Move

PracticalHappiness.com