Rock Climbing/paracord

I am looking for paracords for minor climbing and emergency situation. So I saw this website, It said that it can handle 550lb. Is it possible? Thx

I have no knowledge about the capabilities of paracord.  UAIA tested climbing ropes and accessory cords are widely available (REI is most obvious) and I suggest acquiring and using them if anybody's life depends on their proven strength.

Rock Climbing

Robert Walton

I've climbed at Pinnacles National Park for 37 years and know it very well. I can give good advice to anyone who is new to the area. I may also be of help with questions about Yosemite and the Sierras. I'm not a wall climber and have small experience with aid techniques. Don't ask me about Excaliber. Peaks? Whitney (several routes), Mt. Humphreys, North Palisade, Mt.Sill, all the Cathedrals, and others. I'm interested in climbing history and might help with historical questions, as well.

I've climbed in Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada for 35 years. My home crags are in the Pinnacles National Monument. I've put up a dozen new routes there - ground up, bolts placed from stance. I've led 5.11, but I'm down to 5.9 these last few years. I'm currently working on a couple of lines at Courtright Reservoir. Organizations: Friends of the Pinnacles   Sierra Club, Ventana Chapter, American Alpine Club. Publications: Ascent 1989 Ascent 1993 Ascent 1999 The Climbing Art -- many times; "High" magazine, 1st place in 1999 fiction contest, !st place in 2001 fiction contest; most recently a story of mine placed 2nd in the 2008 mountaineering literature short fiction contest and is published on the UKC website ( Education/Credentials: AB UC Santa Cruz, 1970 in history; California Lifetime Teaching Credential

American Alpine Club, Sierra Club

A climbing story of mine placed second in the 2008 UKC contest. It can be viewed at this site:

I've got an AB in British History from U.C. Santa Cruz and a life teaching credential from California.