Rolling Stones, The/german stones album

Question
We've got a German (Hor Zu label) Rolling Stones album that appears to be a greatest hits. Its title is Bravo. The cover has the boys standing in a line. The back cover is all in German so I can't read it. Just wondering when it was released and what the price might be. The number on the back top right corner is shzt 531 stereo. Thank you for any info you might have.

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for your question.

This title, unique to Germany, was first issued in 1965.  It was reissued under a different catalog number in the early 1980s.  Recently, many German LPs from the 1960s have been reissued with identical catalog numbers as the originals, but I am unaware of this particular title (Bravo) being among them.  Considering that you have the original, 1965 edition, value would depend on condition of the record and cover.  First, it's important to note that this title is not rare, nor is it highly desired by collectors.  Still, if you have an example which could be regarded at excellent (EX) or nearly mint (NM), the value, considering actual sales, would be around $40-50.  An example in very good plus (VG+) condition would be half, or slightly above half, at $25-30.  Examples in lesser condition have little collector value and copies in very good (VG) or less condition can be found for around $10.  I've always liked this particular band cover, and own it myself.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP