Rolling Stones, The/german stones album

We've got a German (Hor Zu label) Rolling Stones album that appears to be a greatest hits. Its title is Bravo. The cover has the boys standing in a line. The back cover is all in German so I can't read it. Just wondering when it was released and what the price might be. The number on the back top right corner is shzt 531 stereo. Thank you for any info you might have.

Thank you for your question.

This title, unique to Germany, was first issued in 1965.  It was reissued under a different catalog number in the early 1980s.  Recently, many German LPs from the 1960s have been reissued with identical catalog numbers as the originals, but I am unaware of this particular title (Bravo) being among them.  Considering that you have the original, 1965 edition, value would depend on condition of the record and cover.  First, it's important to note that this title is not rare, nor is it highly desired by collectors.  Still, if you have an example which could be regarded at excellent (EX) or nearly mint (NM), the value, considering actual sales, would be around $40-50.  An example in very good plus (VG+) condition would be half, or slightly above half, at $25-30.  Examples in lesser condition have little collector value and copies in very good (VG) or less condition can be found for around $10.  I've always liked this particular band cover, and own it myself.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Rolling Stones, The

I'm here to assist in answering any of your questions related to official vinyl record albums by The Rolling Stones. This includes all places on earth where Stones record albums were produced (including Chile, Iran, Colombia, and many more). Guided by a personal collection and database featuring albums from nearly every corner of the globe and every official pressing of US LP for public use, promotion-only, and unissued projects. Feel free to request information about any aspect from basic identification to thorough evaluation and everything in between such as country of origin, date of release, approximate valuation, matrix information, stampers, mothers, codes, re-issues, alternate pressings, alternate takes, best press sources, alternate sources of particular songs, and whatever else for both covers and discs. Answers are honest, legitimate, and are most often based on information gathered from my own collection and direct experience. Though I specialize in LPs, my knowledge extends to singles and EPs. Expect no plagiarism and no fabricated facts to cover-up lack of knowledge. If I don't have the answer for you, I'll give you another source to review or offer a quote with proper credit.

Over 20 years collecting records of The Rolling Stones from around the globe. I own hundreds of variations of album covers and discs, several of which are otherwise unidentified in other sources. My public online articles, reviews and overviews have been quoted and otherwise referenced in countless websites (including this one by other 'experts').

Rolling Stone (letter), Reader's Digest (quoted information), Acclaim (quoted information), Boston Globe (quoted information).

The best record-collecting education you can get is by talking to people from all walks of life. Listening and sharing. I live for it.