Rolling Stones, The/Value of Stones album with cover

Question
Album Cover
Album Cover  
I have a Rolling Stones first release in the U.S. album and its' jacket. It is in a display frame. I purchased this about 2 years ago. From what I can discern through research it is a first release, it has the "FREE full color photo included inside" logo on the bottom left of the jacket. It has "Made in England" on the outer rim of the album label (along with the boxed London FFRR ear logo in a brick red color) It is signed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. I would like to know an approximate value if possible. I am just an individual, not a business. Sorry for the bad image. I can send a better one if needed.

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Without being able to examine the condition of cover and record, I have only give you approximations based on general condition.  First, let's put aside the signatures for a moment and concentrate on the record and cover.  You made no mention of the bonus photo itself, so it is my guess that it's not included.  This title's value tends to be overestimated, so you'd have to have experience in sales to understand true value.  The Boxed London ffrr label you describe is the most common variation of the first 'Made in England' pressing. A VG+ cover and disc of this album could sell for $40-50.  VG would be less, NM obviously more.  If the bonus photo was included, the value of the item as a whole would double.

As far as the signatures are concerned, you would have to get them authenticated to be able to consider them anything more than writing on a record cover.  I can not see the writing due to the poor image quality, so I am unable even to give you a general thought on their possible authenticity.  To note, though exact percentages are difficult to measure, most signatures on covers are not authentic and only diminish value of the item.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP