Rolling Stones, The/Value of Stones album with cover

Album Cover
Album Cover  
I have a Rolling Stones first release in the U.S. album and its' jacket. It is in a display frame. I purchased this about 2 years ago. From what I can discern through research it is a first release, it has the "FREE full color photo included inside" logo on the bottom left of the jacket. It has "Made in England" on the outer rim of the album label (along with the boxed London FFRR ear logo in a brick red color) It is signed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. I would like to know an approximate value if possible. I am just an individual, not a business. Sorry for the bad image. I can send a better one if needed.

Thank you for your question.

Without being able to examine the condition of cover and record, I have only give you approximations based on general condition.  First, let's put aside the signatures for a moment and concentrate on the record and cover.  You made no mention of the bonus photo itself, so it is my guess that it's not included.  This title's value tends to be overestimated, so you'd have to have experience in sales to understand true value.  The Boxed London ffrr label you describe is the most common variation of the first 'Made in England' pressing. A VG+ cover and disc of this album could sell for $40-50.  VG would be less, NM obviously more.  If the bonus photo was included, the value of the item as a whole would double.

As far as the signatures are concerned, you would have to get them authenticated to be able to consider them anything more than writing on a record cover.  I can not see the writing due to the poor image quality, so I am unable even to give you a general thought on their possible authenticity.  To note, though exact percentages are difficult to measure, most signatures on covers are not authentic and only diminish value of the item.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Rolling Stones, The

I'm here to assist in answering any of your questions related to official vinyl record albums by The Rolling Stones. This includes all places on earth where Stones record albums were produced (including Chile, Iran, Colombia, and many more). Guided by a personal collection and database featuring albums from nearly every corner of the globe and every official pressing of US LP for public use, promotion-only, and unissued projects. Feel free to request information about any aspect from basic identification to thorough evaluation and everything in between such as country of origin, date of release, approximate valuation, matrix information, stampers, mothers, codes, re-issues, alternate pressings, alternate takes, best press sources, alternate sources of particular songs, and whatever else for both covers and discs. Answers are honest, legitimate, and are most often based on information gathered from my own collection and direct experience. Though I specialize in LPs, my knowledge extends to singles and EPs. Expect no plagiarism and no fabricated facts to cover-up lack of knowledge. If I don't have the answer for you, I'll give you another source to review or offer a quote with proper credit.

Over 20 years collecting records of The Rolling Stones from around the globe. I own hundreds of variations of album covers and discs, several of which are otherwise unidentified in other sources. My public online articles, reviews and overviews have been quoted and otherwise referenced in countless websites (including this one by other 'experts').

Rolling Stone (letter), Reader's Digest (quoted information), Acclaim (quoted information), Boston Globe (quoted information).

The best record-collecting education you can get is by talking to people from all walks of life. Listening and sharing. I live for it.