Rolling Stones, The/Keith Richards solo vocal

A few months back I caught a Stones concert on one of the cable channels. It was a fairly recent one as opposed to their early days. Keith did a solo vocal (I guess it would be considered a ballad) and it blew me away. It may have been a capella or with very subtle music. I've tried you tube to find it but have been unable to do so. Any suggestions??

Hello and thank you for your question.

It would be very difficult to pinpoint the song to which you are referring.  Keith is known for his ballads and slower rock tunes.  People also have differing opinions as to what is considered a 'recent' performance.  Off the top of my head I'd imagine, if it were indeed somewhat recent, it might be 'The Worst' from 1994's Voodoo Lounge, which he performed many times.  Its music might be considered subtle.  1997's 'How Can I Stop?' also uses backing vocals and is another soft tune of his.  Could you offer a clue as to some of the lyrics you believe were included?  That way, I can better assist you.  To help yourself on the matter, a trick would be to search for Stones tunes in which Keith sang lead vocals.  His selections on Rolling Stones albums never number more than 3, but his ballad-sounding tunes are usually limited to 1 per album.

Rolling Stones, The

I'm here to assist in answering any of your questions related to official vinyl record albums by The Rolling Stones. This includes all places on earth where Stones record albums were produced (including Chile, Iran, Colombia, and many more). Guided by a personal collection and database featuring albums from nearly every corner of the globe and every official pressing of US LP for public use, promotion-only, and unissued projects. Feel free to request information about any aspect from basic identification to thorough evaluation and everything in between such as country of origin, date of release, approximate valuation, matrix information, stampers, mothers, codes, re-issues, alternate pressings, alternate takes, best press sources, alternate sources of particular songs, and whatever else for both covers and discs. Answers are honest, legitimate, and are most often based on information gathered from my own collection and direct experience. Though I specialize in LPs, my knowledge extends to singles and EPs. Expect no plagiarism and no fabricated facts to cover-up lack of knowledge. If I don't have the answer for you, I'll give you another source to review or offer a quote with proper credit.

Over 20 years collecting records of The Rolling Stones from around the globe. I own hundreds of variations of album covers and discs, several of which are otherwise unidentified in other sources. My public online articles, reviews and overviews have been quoted and otherwise referenced in countless websites (including this one by other 'experts').

Rolling Stone (letter), Reader's Digest (quoted information), Acclaim (quoted information), Boston Globe (quoted information).

The best record-collecting education you can get is by talking to people from all walks of life. Listening and sharing. I live for it.