Rolling Stones, The/Keith Richards solo vocal

Question
A few months back I caught a Stones concert on one of the cable channels. It was a fairly recent one as opposed to their early days. Keith did a solo vocal (I guess it would be considered a ballad) and it blew me away. It may have been a capella or with very subtle music. I've tried you tube to find it but have been unable to do so. Any suggestions??

Answer
Hello and thank you for your question.

It would be very difficult to pinpoint the song to which you are referring.  Keith is known for his ballads and slower rock tunes.  People also have differing opinions as to what is considered a 'recent' performance.  Off the top of my head I'd imagine, if it were indeed somewhat recent, it might be 'The Worst' from 1994's Voodoo Lounge, which he performed many times.  Its music might be considered subtle.  1997's 'How Can I Stop?' also uses backing vocals and is another soft tune of his.  Could you offer a clue as to some of the lyrics you believe were included?  That way, I can better assist you.  To help yourself on the matter, a trick would be to search for Stones tunes in which Keith sang lead vocals.  His selections on Rolling Stones albums never number more than 3, but his ballad-sounding tunes are usually limited to 1 per album.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP