Rolling Stones, The/Real or Fake Album Cover

Question
I recently purchased a Rolling Stones vinyl "England's Newest Hit Makers - London, USA - with bottom left Free color pic inside.  I paid $ 15.00 at a record store.  To me, the album cover is in great condition. I am concerned that it may be fake.  The back of the jacket looks in all ways original, but the front has a rough feel to it, not smooth like the back. I inspected it - it seems real - but I was expecting a smooth cover.  What do you think?

Answer
Hello and thank you for your question.

The first pressing covers of 'England's Newest Hitmakers' as you describe had three texture variations, but they are all original, first pressings.  Depending on which plant printed it, the cover will either be highly textured, lightly textured, or somewhat glossy.  Fear not, as no counterfeits were ever made for this cover - it would have been a waste of money for counterfeiters to attempt such a venture.  Incidentally, if your record included the original bonus photo, its texture would match the front cover.

Feel free to contact again should you have any additional questions.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP