Rolling Stones, The/Rolling Stones LP

Question
I have a Rolling Stones LP. Their Santanic Majestic Request. It has the 3D Picture on the front and is the long playing one. It is in excellent condition. I bought it from a collector in the early 80's. I dont think he ever played it. I have had it in a box since then and have never played it. Is it worth anything?

Answer
Hello and thank you for your question.

I would first have to determine which country your record was pressed.  Based on what you've described, you may have one of a few versions of this title.  Still, I'm able to narrow it down to what is mots likely a first U.S. pressing.  The only relevant information which I would have to determine is whether it is a mono or stereo pressing.

The term 'Long Playing' featured on the disc label was most often used to represent a U.S. monophonic record.   However, for this title, there are also U.S. stereophonic editions with the term 'Long Playing' on the disc label.   The cover as you describe is a first pressing with the 8" x 8" lenticular vari-vue image attached.  If your item is indeed in excellent condition, the value would depend on whether it is mono (NP-2), or stereo (NPS-2).  If the item is the stereo (NPS-2) edition, the value would be somewhere between $40-60.  If it's the mono (NP-2) edition, value would be twice that.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP