Rolling Stones, The/Rolling Stones Box Set

Hi, I bought a box set about 14 years ago its black, white, and red with a colored booklet inside called the Rolling Stones Performances made in Italy 1983 Templar from 1963-1979 with 66 songs on it. Is it bootleg?  I just love it.  Its one of a kind.  I picked it up at a used and new CD store.

Dear Lori,
Before anything, sorry for my late reply, I've actually forgotten replying earlier!
Regarding your question, if it's this one you're refrring to: , yes, that's definitely a bootleg release. Otherwise anyway there' no official release ever under the 'Performances' name.
And yes, definitely a great one!
Hope this helps.

Stonely yours,

Rolling Stones, The

Marcelo Sonaglioni

I am able to answer all kinds of questions focused on the life and times of The Rolling Stones and their recording career, including accurate information about their huge catalog of unreleased songs and live takes, as well as collectors' items. However, I'm not the one to provide quotes or estimates about how much collectibles may be worth. Follow me on Twitter: @StonesData

I have been a Rolling Stones non-stop fan and collector for more than 30 years now, and I've seen them live over 50 times around the world. I also got the chance to talk to them on several occasions. Although I own a very nice personal collection, I mostly consider myself a researcher and archivist, as it's information/facts about The Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band in the World I'm mostly experienced in. Last but not least, as a Stones collector myself, it's always good to get in touch with other Stones fans/collectors from around the world that can be interested in trading/swapping items.

A wide range of Argentinian music magazines and assorted newspapers. Also currently contributing for Brazilian publications and online magazines, as well as several Stones books, fanzines and websites. Currently writing for Evaristo Cultural at

-English/Spanish/Portuguese translator -Music journalist, mostly freelance, for about 27 years now