Rolling Stones, The/Out Off Our Heads LP

Question
I'm trying to find out if my lp is a first pressing and if its collectable. My LP label at the top has LONDON LONG PLAYING STEREOPHONIC.
Bottom of label has (ZAL 6972. The back cover bottom has PLAY THIS RECORD ONLY ON STEREOPHONIC EQUIPMENT. I looked on ebay and could not find any like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Hello and thank you for your question.

It sounds as though you have a first U.S.-made stereo pressing.  However, it wouldn't be the first overall pressing of that LP.

The first stereo pressing of this LP has a label which indicates 'Made in England'.  You would see a LONDON FFRR logo within a box.

From what I gather from your description, you have the first pressing which was 'Made in the USA' - this is the pressing which immediately followed the 'Made in England' pressing.  It has a London logo (without a box) above the words 'Long Playing' and then a STEREOPHONIC bar beneath.  It was pressed for a very short period of time in 1965 and is relatively uncommon.

Though this is not a true first pressing of this album, you do have a very collectible pressing.  Later London stereo pressings had the London logo within a box and no mention of 'Long Playing' which were otherwise reserved for mono labels.  Collectors will look for the 'unboxed' logo as you describe, as many believe it indicates a pressing which is superior to the significantly more common 'boxed' London label pressings.

Thank you again for your question.  If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP