Rolling Stones, The/Rolling Stones Vinyl Autograph

Question
Between the Buttons
Between the Buttons  
Beggars Banquet
Beggars Banquet  
QUESTION: Hello,

I got this both Records with Autographs from the greatest Rockband on Earth

1, Between the Buttons

2. Beggars Banquet

Can you please Tell me if they real??

Thanks

W. Frank

ANSWER: Hello and thank you for your question.

I'm sorry, but I can say with 100% certainty that none of the signatures on either LP are authentic.  There are many, easy ways to identify this - from the obvious to the easily overlooked.

The Between the Buttons is easiest to recognize being that none of the signatures match authentic examples in any way.  It's also important to note that it is spectacularly difficult to find any record produced after 1966 which is signed by Brian Jones.  By 1967, Brian not only signed far fewer autographs, but the item you have would indicate that all the signatures were signed at or near the same time and with the same implement.  This would require all members to be at or near the same area to sign this LP.  In nearly every case, this would require the signatures to be made at or near the time of a concert.  The last tour in which Brian participated was the 1967 European tour, in which he was not only not in a particularly good state, but the length of the tour would offer very few possibilities of a full-signed Between the Buttons LP to be realized.  Nevertheless, this additional research is not needed being that they are very clearly not authentic signatures.

The Beggar's Banquet LP signatures, though also not authentic, clearly show that the signer was at least somewhat versed in the handwriting style of the band members represented.  Nevertheless, there are clear errors in the technique.  One glaring error is in the size of the signatures.  Neither Jagger nor Richards would create such a huge signature.  Even if one did, the others would not follow suit.

These are my opinions based on significant exposure to such materials in over 20 years time.  Please note, however, that there are many professional authentication services available from which to seek a second opinion.

Thank you again for your question.  If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

QUESTION: Thanks for the Information

I only Knew that the Autographs was taken After a Concert in Germany where all Five has given These Autographs

So i think.......

So please can you take a further Look at These????

Thanks

Answer
I'm sorry, it is my opinion that these are not authentic - for the reasons outlined and more.  I would like nothing more than to tell you I feel these are authentic, but alas, I can not.  I would also question the use of a 'sharpie' style marker.  Though Brian (for example) signed autographs with other than a pen or pencil, I can't recall ever seeing a signature of his using a marker which looked quite like this.

Again, I suggest you contact a professional authentication service for a second (and professional) opinion.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP