Rolling Stones, The/album Now! blue lable mono USA

Question
QUESTION: I have a mono LL3420 with the blue coloring of the stereo releases, this is a boxed mono with long playing under the logo...it plays in mono (near mint)  I have been collecting records my whole life and have never seen a blue label mono from the usa...what do you think?

ANSWER: Hello and thank you for your message.  A US boxed mono in blue?  That's very interesting.  Could you provide a photo?

Thank you.

IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG  
QUESTION: here, I am trying to attach a photo of the label

ANSWER: Thank you.  That's very interesting.  Can't say that I've ever seen that.  Looks like someone messed up.  Based on the position of the 'LL' (so close to the 'G'), it would appear to be an early 1970s mono.  Far more scarce than 1964-66 mono editions, this also appears to have the exact blue color you would expect from the stereo editions of the time.

Thank you very much for sharing.

QUESTION: The story is that I bought it maybe a decade ago as a sealed mono copy with a clean cover that was the unedited first cover, clean with a drill hole.  I opened it and found this...it obviously had been played before because of spindle rub, the vinyl is cloudy from an inner plastic sleeve common in the sixties, but it plays near mint (I've heard some new ones not play so well).  Trying to figure out what to do with it.  Thanks again, Jim

Answer
It's a common misconception that the unedited back cover for this album is a first edition.  In fact, the first press did have the full text on back and was later amended, but the full text actually returned not long after and they are quite common.  Most full text covers are later editions.

If the inner sleeve is plastic, then it would not be a 1960s pressing.  London records of the time used paper inners.  The only exception was a sealed disc series which was a short-lived experiment.  You would be able to recognize those by the very thin plastic and perforated open edge.

Feel free to let me know what you ultimately decide to do with it.  You can send a private message.

Rolling Stones, The

ACP