Rolling Stones, The/album Now! blue lable mono USA

QUESTION: I have a mono LL3420 with the blue coloring of the stereo releases, this is a boxed mono with long playing under the plays in mono (near mint)  I have been collecting records my whole life and have never seen a blue label mono from the usa...what do you think?

ANSWER: Hello and thank you for your message.  A US boxed mono in blue?  That's very interesting.  Could you provide a photo?

Thank you.

QUESTION: here, I am trying to attach a photo of the label

ANSWER: Thank you.  That's very interesting.  Can't say that I've ever seen that.  Looks like someone messed up.  Based on the position of the 'LL' (so close to the 'G'), it would appear to be an early 1970s mono.  Far more scarce than 1964-66 mono editions, this also appears to have the exact blue color you would expect from the stereo editions of the time.

Thank you very much for sharing.

QUESTION: The story is that I bought it maybe a decade ago as a sealed mono copy with a clean cover that was the unedited first cover, clean with a drill hole.  I opened it and found obviously had been played before because of spindle rub, the vinyl is cloudy from an inner plastic sleeve common in the sixties, but it plays near mint (I've heard some new ones not play so well).  Trying to figure out what to do with it.  Thanks again, Jim

It's a common misconception that the unedited back cover for this album is a first edition.  In fact, the first press did have the full text on back and was later amended, but the full text actually returned not long after and they are quite common.  Most full text covers are later editions.

If the inner sleeve is plastic, then it would not be a 1960s pressing.  London records of the time used paper inners.  The only exception was a sealed disc series which was a short-lived experiment.  You would be able to recognize those by the very thin plastic and perforated open edge.

Feel free to let me know what you ultimately decide to do with it.  You can send a private message.

Rolling Stones, The

I'm here to assist in answering any of your questions related to official vinyl record albums by The Rolling Stones. This includes all places on earth where Stones record albums were produced (including Chile, Iran, Colombia, and many more). Guided by a personal collection and database featuring albums from nearly every corner of the globe and every official pressing of US LP for public use, promotion-only, and unissued projects. Feel free to request information about any aspect from basic identification to thorough evaluation and everything in between such as country of origin, date of release, approximate valuation, matrix information, stampers, mothers, codes, re-issues, alternate pressings, alternate takes, best press sources, alternate sources of particular songs, and whatever else for both covers and discs. Answers are honest, legitimate, and are most often based on information gathered from my own collection and direct experience. Though I specialize in LPs, my knowledge extends to singles and EPs. Expect no plagiarism and no fabricated facts to cover-up lack of knowledge. If I don't have the answer for you, I'll give you another source to review or offer a quote with proper credit.

Over 20 years collecting records of The Rolling Stones from around the globe. I own hundreds of variations of album covers and discs, several of which are otherwise unidentified in other sources. My public online articles, reviews and overviews have been quoted and otherwise referenced in countless websites (including this one by other 'experts').

Rolling Stone (letter), Reader's Digest (quoted information), Acclaim (quoted information), Boston Globe (quoted information).

The best record-collecting education you can get is by talking to people from all walks of life. Listening and sharing. I live for it.