Romance Books/please help

Question
I can't remember title or author but remember loving this book in my teens!In one scene the brother has his wife/lover tied to a chair watching him have sex with a maid as punishment for something she'd done. The heroine is sold and when the hero/husband finally finds her she withdraws into herself so he has a mistress on the side until she finally is able to come back to herself

Answer
Stacey,
Can you remember the times frame of the book (Civil War Era, Renaisscance,Victorian, etc.) the setting or what the brother did for a living? Also, was the heroine a servant or slave. I'll need a little more information for my search.

Thanks,
Patty

Romance Books

Patty Spence