Romance Books/please help

I can't remember title or author but remember loving this book in my teens!In one scene the brother has his wife/lover tied to a chair watching him have sex with a maid as punishment for something she'd done. The heroine is sold and when the hero/husband finally finds her she withdraws into herself so he has a mistress on the side until she finally is able to come back to herself

Can you remember the times frame of the book (Civil War Era, Renaisscance,Victorian, etc.) the setting or what the brother did for a living? Also, was the heroine a servant or slave. I'll need a little more information for my search.

Romance Books

Patty Spence

I've read all of Amanda Quick, Sabrina Jeffries and Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I've also read most of Sandra Brown, Jude Devereaux, Johanna Lindsey, Candace Camp, Lisa Kleypas, Julie Garwood. I've read a lot of Jane Feather, Cathine Coulter (excluding FBI Series)and Linda Lael Miller.

I've read romance novels for over 20 years now. I have a lot of the books for the authors I've read. I can usually figure out which book title being discussed.

Creative writing courses.

Won award for speech contests in Toastmasters.