Romania/birth/death records

Question
Dear Adriano

My Great grandfather lived at

625 STRADA PRUNDULUI
PIETRA-NEAMT

1. Does this address exist today?
2. Where could I find records of his Birth or Death?

The Romanian Birth certificate of his son in 1879 was signed by the Mayor Alexandru Popovitz.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Barry

Answer
Dear Mr. Barry,

yes it it possible to get the Birth/Death records at the state archive of the municipality of Piatra Neamt or at the general state archive of Bucharest. It seems that the Street Prunului is still there in Piatra Neamt. You should go at the Municipality of Piatra Neamt or Bucharest ( both to check where is the birth/death certificate )

Kind Regards

Adriano  
About Romania
This site answers questions related to Romania, Romanian people, Romanian customs, living in Romania, and Romanian culture. And depending on the Expert, you may also ask for English to Romanian translation and about Romanian grammar. Experts may also be able to answer your questions about Romanain travel and tourism specifically to Bucharest, Brasov, Transilvania, Bucovina, and the Black Sea. If you do not see your Romania question answered in this area then please ask your question about Romania here

Romania

Adriano