Romania/birth certificate

Dear Adriano,
I need my grand grand father's birth certificate for some birocratic stuff. He is born in 1890 in Stara Beshenova, but after war came to Serbia. I'm trying to find web site of some sort of municipality of the willage or the area where Beshenova is but no success. I don't even know if Romania has municipalities or some other institutions for that purpose. Do you, by any chance know where can I write? Who can I ask?

Thank you for your time

Dear Tijana,

I suggest youto contact the national archive of Romania in Bucharest :

Unfortunatelly it is not in english or so it seems. Anyway is quite complicate and in order to obtain a certificate or any other paper it will be necessary to send a power of attorney to a romanian Citizen or to go on person.

If you have any other questions just contact me again

Kind Regards

P.S. Of course if the paper is in Serbia I will not able to help you  
About Romania
This site answers questions related to Romania, Romanian people, Romanian customs, living in Romania, and Romanian culture. And depending on the Expert, you may also ask for English to Romanian translation and about Romanian grammar. Experts may also be able to answer your questions about Romanain travel and tourism specifically to Bucharest, Brasov, Transilvania, Bucovina, and the Black Sea. If you do not see your Romania question answered in this area then please ask your question about Romania here

I am an italian living in Bucharest since 1995, expert in organized tours ( Bucharest, Brasov, Black See, Transilvania, Bucovina etc), short rentals apartments and organized parties or simple meals in my own pizzeria and restaurant PALMIER in the country of Bucharest ( Comuna Peris ) . I also offer information about Bucharest, Romania, consulting in real estate investments and touring in Romania

20 years in Romania - tours all over the country and week end tours in Bucharest

Italy - law studies

Customers from all over the world