Romania/birth certificate

Question
Dear Adriano,
I need my grand grand father's birth certificate for some birocratic stuff. He is born in 1890 in Stara Beshenova, but after war came to Serbia. I'm trying to find web site of some sort of municipality of the willage or the area where Beshenova is but no success. I don't even know if Romania has municipalities or some other institutions for that purpose. Do you, by any chance know where can I write? Who can I ask?

Thank you for your time
Tijana

Answer
Dear Tijana,

I suggest youto contact the national archive of Romania in Bucharest : http://www.arhivelenationale.ro/

http://www.arhivelenationale.ro/index.php?lan=0&jud=162

Unfortunatelly it is not in english or so it seems. Anyway is quite complicate and in order to obtain a certificate or any other paper it will be necessary to send a power of attorney to a romanian Citizen or to go on person.

If you have any other questions just contact me again

Kind Regards

Adriano

P.S. Of course if the paper is in Serbia I will not able to help you  
About Romania
This site answers questions related to Romania, Romanian people, Romanian customs, living in Romania, and Romanian culture. And depending on the Expert, you may also ask for English to Romanian translation and about Romanian grammar. Experts may also be able to answer your questions about Romanain travel and tourism specifically to Bucharest, Brasov, Transilvania, Bucovina, and the Black Sea. If you do not see your Romania question answered in this area then please ask your question about Romania here

Romania

Adriano