Romania/trying to find out if my Aunt in Romania has passed away

Question
Hello Adriano, my mother has not heard from her sister who lives in Arad Romania, she may have passed away. Is there away  to find out. Her name is Eva Kovalik born June 23 1923, I would be grate full if you could tell how I could find away, Thank you from George

Answer
Dear Mr. George,

in order to get a birth or death certificate it is necessary to contact the office registration of the commune of the last residence place of your aunt. If you cannot go to Romania is possible to give a power of attorney to a romanian citizen to represent you front of the romanian authorities.

With Kind Regards

Adriano
About Romania
This site answers questions related to Romania, Romanian people, Romanian customs, living in Romania, and Romanian culture. And depending on the Expert, you may also ask for English to Romanian translation and about Romanian grammar. Experts may also be able to answer your questions about Romanain travel and tourism specifically to Bucharest, Brasov, Transilvania, Bucovina, and the Black Sea. If you do not see your Romania question answered in this area then please ask your question about Romania here

Romania

Adriano