Roofing/Ice dams on low slope roof

Judith wrote at 2011-11-09 18:26:00
I have a low slope roof/cathedral ceiling and I installed 2 shingled roofs and to this day I still have ice damming. The second roof, I installed ice and water shield, doubled up and still have ice damming, although I have a ridge vent, 2 maximas and redid the soffits by removing all the wood. I am truly fed up so 2012 I will install a membrane roof but would hire a contractor to raise the roof to have some type of air ventilation.

That is my take.

JAH

harry wrote at 2013-01-12 17:49:09
Thank you. Have had the problem only with this house. Yes, I believe the leak is the problem, not the ice dam. I have been told over and over to insulate/vent the attic and that did not work, leaving me wondering why only this house in 51 years. Glad to have an answer!

Roofing

Brad Zacharia