Roofing/Gaf/Elk Timberline 30yr vs 50 yr & Gaf Warranties

fmiller wrote at 2014-06-06 01:11:12
Golden pledge warranties are different in that the installation is inspected and provides a better warranty.  To install a golden pledge warranties roof you must pay to be a certified installer.  GAF only allows a small number of installers in an area to do this and you must sell a minimum number of golden pledge warrantied roofs to keep your area.  To upgrade the shingle, but not the warranty is not cost effective as the shingles are thicker and heavier, which makes them far more difficult to work with and greatly increases labor.

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University