Roofing/Metal roof ridge vents

Robert Denton wrote at 2013-01-01 20:57:06
This response comes late to the original post.  This may assist future owners, metal suppliers and metal roof installers. Ask about EZ Vent-N-Closure System.  This product is a metal ridge ventilation system with a built in closure.  It is provided in 5ft sections (easy install) and has been tested to 120mph wind driven rain with no leakage.  It installs underneath a standard ridge cap and it basically "disappears".

I am sure you can locate this product by entering it in a search engine.

Hope this helps with future issues.

Todd E. Miller

I am available to answer any questions pertaining to residential (or other sloped) metal roofing. I have knowledge of most available products but I like to approach projects from a "needs" basis and analyze them individually. Additionally, I can answer most questions about building ventilation.

I have worked for a manufacturer of residential metal roofing since 1980. I currently serve as President and have been involved with a wide variety of projects of all types across the world.

I am a board member for Metal Construction Association, Metal Roofing Alliance, the local United Way, our church, and our son's school.

Over the years, I have had articles appear in several trade journals including RSI, Remodeling, and Qualified Remodeler.

I have a B.A. in Communications and have also completed three years of training with the E-Myth Academy.