Roofing/flat roof/using steel

I need to put a new roof on top of a willow walk that will be getting a reproduction railing (house is 170 years old)now minimum pitch is 2 to 3 inches in most cases and I have been told that 1" 1/4 can be used but with a tape or sealing (mastic)(butyl)I'm putting  a lot of money in to railing so I would hate to have 3" pitch roof.But don't want a leaking roof years down
the road, and rather not have a solder seam metal roof or a EPDM rubber roof. And would like to have it done before snow falls , Is there a type a seam locking steel roof that doesn't need a pitch that can be order ? or any other advise for this project would be helpful  thanks

Thanks for your question. You would have two options for a very low pitch metal roof:

1) A mechanically seamed standing seam.

2) A flat seamed copper roof where the joints are soldered.

The first could be done by a larger commercial or metal roofing contractor. The second could be done by a sheet metal contractor.

I hope this helps.

All Best,

Todd E. Miller

I am available to answer any questions pertaining to residential (or other sloped) metal roofing. I have knowledge of most available products but I like to approach projects from a "needs" basis and analyze them individually. Additionally, I can answer most questions about building ventilation.

I have worked for a manufacturer of residential metal roofing since 1980. I currently serve as President and have been involved with a wide variety of projects of all types across the world.

I am a board member for Metal Construction Association, Metal Roofing Alliance, the local United Way, our church, and our son's school.

Over the years, I have had articles appear in several trade journals including RSI, Remodeling, and Qualified Remodeler.

I have a B.A. in Communications and have also completed three years of training with the E-Myth Academy.