Roofing/Roofing/AC on flat roof leak question

Hi, this is a question about the answer you gave on "Roofing/AC on flat roof leak question". I have the system that you mentioned in your case 1 scenario. And I'm having all the problems you mentioned. Whenever it rains my ducts leak and I know its the ducting because I took a hose and found the leaks. So what is the best way to fix it? More cement? Duct wrapping?

You said you found the leaks but didn't say what the leaks turned out to be from.

If the leaks are on the ducts you could use caulk or wrap them in roofing rubber. Whatever you wrap them in it has to be waterproof. If the leak is at the roof line use cement and fabric to seal any cracks.

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University