Roofing/roofing underlay and ventilation

Sal wrote at 2013-02-22 17:25:11
I will add my experience to this.

First, the Rhino product is a shingle only product, per the MFG. If you are using anything else, look to another synthetic that is a #30 replacment or better type.

Regarding synthetic Breathable underlayments, these types of underlayments should never be used with a shingle type cladding. there must be a "space" between the cladding and the underlayment for air circulation.  Essentially, the use of shingle products directly on top of a synthetic breathable is counterproductive.  You are putting a Class 1 vapor retarder on  top of the breathable product.  The life span on your fasteners and shingle will be exponentially reduced.

Roofing

Brad Zacharia