Roofing/installing static vents on metal roof

roof and vents
roof and vents  
I live in the Caribbean on the island of Barbados. I am rebuilding a new hip roof that has a ridge length of approximately 77ft. I want to install some static roof vents to cool the air  space in my tray ceiling. I am using a square U panel permaclad  metal roofing panels. I plan to use Air vent RVA40 roofing vents or Lomanco 850B roofing vents below the ridge cap. I was told that I would need an intake vent as well. Can I use the same type of vents for intake on the east side of the roof (the windy side) and use the same vents on the west side (leeward) of the roof as the output?

You state that you want to cool the air space in the tray ceiling - are you referring to a traditional "tray ceiling" where the ceiling has a recess - to put it another way - the ceiling elevation is the same around the perimeter of the room and in the center (tray portion) the ceiling is higher? If so are you trying to reduce the temperature in the interior of the tray space on the interior of the house?

Aaron Nelson

All types of questions with regard to roofing, waterproofing and sheet metal. This includes commercial and residential buildings, along with the various aspects of the construction means and methods, ventilation, steep-slope or low-slope, code requirements, installation errors and other such problems

I started in roofing fabricating and installing sheet metal flashings out of high school for a large commercial contractor. I worked for the same contractor in the office estimating and project managing commercial project for 10 years. I left the construction side of roofing and now work as a roof consultant, which I have been doing for 8-years.

RCI, Inc.

I am a Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) and a Registered Roof Observer (RRO) through RCI, Inc. RCI is a international group of building envelope professionals. I am an approved instructor for RCI educational programs.

We have worked with many local school districts, insurance companies, HOA's, building management companies, and we have a national client with buildings located throughout the US.