Roofing/installing static vents on metal roof

Question
roof and vents
roof and vents  
Hello,
I live in the Caribbean on the island of Barbados. I am rebuilding a new hip roof that has a ridge length of approximately 77ft. I want to install some static roof vents to cool the air  space in my tray ceiling. I am using a square U panel permaclad  metal roofing panels. I plan to use Air vent RVA40 roofing vents or Lomanco 850B roofing vents below the ridge cap. I was told that I would need an intake vent as well. Can I use the same type of vents for intake on the east side of the roof (the windy side) and use the same vents on the west side (leeward) of the roof as the output?

Answer
Helen,
You state that you want to cool the air space in the tray ceiling - are you referring to a traditional "tray ceiling" where the ceiling has a recess - to put it another way - the ceiling elevation is the same around the perimeter of the room and in the center (tray portion) the ceiling is higher? If so are you trying to reduce the temperature in the interior of the tray space on the interior of the house?
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson