Roofing/mansard home

Hi, 2 years ago I had vinyl siding installed on my home previously there was aluminum on it. I have a mansard home so I had a new roof and siding installed. The roof leaks and the white siding looks terrible, looks like black mold. The roof above my foyer leaks. I was not told by the roofer that I should have had asphalt shingles done on the siding. Took him 6 months to finish the job. He replaced the roof with rolled roofing but not the siding. I am thinking of having the siding replaced again. Dont know what to do. Can you help? Thanks

A mansard roof can have siding or roofing. If it gets roofing it has to have special procedures due to gravity wanting to rip it all out. Whatever is put up there will work when done correctly. If you have leaks you obviously have holes. I'd need to see pictures to comment in more detail.

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University