QUESTION: My contractor has been working on my roof for 3 weeks on andoff because of rain the last rain we had was torrental and he left it untarped for two of those day when a leak accurred in the living room..the next day he shingled in the rain .is my roof hurt,will the shingles stay on,is this a usual practice?

ANSWER: Three weeks! Either you have a huge house or your roofer needs to hire some help!
Installing roof shingles in the rain isn't the best way to work but it probably won't be too detrimental to the job.
You might want to think about hiring someone to inspect the job before you make final payment; it sounds as if your contractor is in a bit over his head.

QUESTION: Shouldnt it have been tarped?will i have mold?

Yes, It should've been tarped; unless the roof is complete it should always be protected from the weather.
As far as mold growth goes, I really couldn't say without seeing your damage.
Any wet insulation in the attic needs to be removed, and any wet drywall needs to be taken out as well.
If the leaking you had was very small say less than a cup of water you could probably just wait for the drywall to dry and repaint. If  the leaking you had was more extensive then I would ask that wet insulation and drywall be taken out and replaced..

Tom Petrilli

I can answer questions about residential and light commercial roofing. I really enjoy solving complicated problems. My expertise is in shingle, slate and traditional metals (copper, lead, terne, stainless) as well as single ply low slope roofing. I have also installed a considerable amount of synthetic slate.

I have been a roofer for 21 years, I've owned my own company for the past 13.

The National Roofing Contractors Assoc and Virginia Association of Roofing Contractors

I have attended numerous manufacturer training programs as well as sought out experts in specialized work for instruction.

A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, A rating from Angies List, highest mark for quality and value from the Washington Consumer Checkbook