Roofing/guttering

Question
We had new guttering installed. My installer used a transit on a tripod to get slope on guttering. It does not seem to gradually lower the direction I wanted it to when comparing fasica board behind it and using a levelor on this 60 ft. Run does not show the slope going the way the installer said it would. He told me to trust him, that the slope is correct sloping gradually from right to left where I observed with levelor and board behind it doing the opposite. I read on long runs you can not use a levelor. My installer also said they measured from the ground up. How do I know for sure before a heavy rain what will happen without adding water to gutters?

Answer
Julie,
I think that adding a small bit of water to the gutter to see where it moves to is the best method to verify that the gutters are properly sloped to the downspouts. It should be mentioned that there are no requirements in the building code for slope of gutters. With the irregularity of construction in general, the easiest method would be just introducing water into the gutters and verifying that it is properly flowing.
Good luck,
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson