Roofing/who really manufacturer's what?

Question
I just heard Flex makes Carlisle's PVC membrane and I know Carlisle makes some of Versico's sheets. Do you know who really makes what out there?

I am most interested in low slope commercial roofing. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Quincy,

There are many private label products throughout all industries, be it construction products or everyday normal household goods. Alot depends on the region a product is sold.

It would be unprofessional and could boarder on a  breach of confidentiality to simply provide to you a long list of products and who actually manufacture's what and for whom. What I will say is, the practice of private labeling products is common.  Those products that are private label are usually fully supported by the manufacture who is selling the product in lieu of the company making it for a private label source.  Many companies make product for various other companies and some have the same product made from more than one source depending on the region of the country it is being sold.

Specific to your one comment, Versico was bought by Carlisle a number of years ago and this is public record. I am sorry, this doesn't give you alot of insight, but in the end it often comes down to doing business with a company or brand because you are attracted to it, more than who actaully produced it.  When researching a product on thier website, if you pay close attention, there are usually clues that provide more insight as to the parent company or even if it is a private label product.  

Roofing

Steven C. Wadding RRC,RRO,CDT