Roofing/Asphalt shingle glue

Question
Hi, built a house 7 years ago, had about 12-15 bundles of shingles left over, unopened. Have hung on to them in case I need repairs, we live in South Florida. I was told that the glue strip or adhesive is not effective after a couple years, what is your experience with that? Are they still functional after 7 years or get rid of them?
Thanks,
Danny

Answer
I have no experience with holding onto bundles of shingles for years and then trying to use them but if the glue strip is no good after 7 years then how can they advertise the shingles as 25 year shingles? If you put it on your house does the glue strip expire after 7 years?

Brad

Roofing

Brad Zacharia