Roofing/flashing a skylight and chimney

Can you tell me the right way to flash a skylight and a chimney on a standing seam metal roof. I did bend the bottom and top and sides up 1'' on all sides of skylights and chimney. I am concerned where I cut 45 deg. cuts at corners. I was wondering if you have any diagram's.  Thanks for your time  Dennis

chmney cricket
chmney cricket  

endwall and sidewall flashing
endwall and sidewall f  
Thank you for using All Experts for advice on how to complete your project.
The drawing here are a recommended method of how to install flashing around a chimney or skylight.

It sounds as if you are almost there.  The main thing is having counter flashing to go over your panels where they are turned up the skylights and chimney and also to keep the water moving downward towards your eaves.

It is useful to us caulking sparingly where needed but remember usually where caulking begins quality ends.

I do have diagrams that may be of use to you.

If you have problems viewing the files email me and I'll respond to your message with JPEG files.

John Nutter

Residential and commercial metal roofing such as exposed fastener systems and standing seam systems. I can assist with facts about metal roofing and the manufacturer specified applications of metal roofing. General troubleshooting issues with metal roofing and helpful hints on how to make the job easier.

Currently I am the manufacturer specification trainer for Triad Corrugated Metal Inc.

Valspar PQI trained. Triad Corrugated Metal Inc specification trained.