Roofing/removal of metal ridge cap on dw mobil home

Question
This past November I hired some roofers to put a new roof on my Doublewide Mobil Home.  The took off the metal roof cap that was over the middle of the house. Where the two half's join together.
Now my roof leaks and they are arguing that I don't need this cap on my home. Question: If it was on there shouldn't it be put back on?  What is the ridge caps function on a doublewide?

Answer
Kris,
Knowing that the roof is leaking after being installed last November is not a good sign, however, you specifically asked about the "metal cap" running down the ridge of the doublewide. I'm assuming that the home has shingles and that you replaced it with shingles. Generally the shingles are installed in the factory during fabrication and when the two-halves are mated on-site, a ridge is installed to cover the joint between the two-halves. I'm assuming that when the new shingles were installed the roofing contractor just installed standard ridge shingles which would take the place of the metal ridge that was originally installed. If this is the case then the metal ridge cap would not be necessary - UNLESS it is a vented ridge, which is NOT common in mobile homes.
The long and short of it is that if the roofing contractor correctly installed a ridge using shingles, the metal cap is not necessary.
Sorry that the home is leaking - that has got to be frustrating.
Aaron

Roofing

Aaron Nelson