I have to replace a shingles roof plus part of the rood is flat,  here in Northern  AZ. where it is hot in summer and very cold in winter.  I got some quotes, some have more details than others..
What kind of vents should I insist upon?  Currently not much as it is an old house...  
Any other must requirement I should ask for?  For me it is much money to invest...

Thank you very much.  Gabe

Proper ventilation requires intake vents and exhaust vents. A great source of ventilation information is

Do you have intake vents in the eave soffits of your home?  Would you like to send photos to me? My email is

Have you checked references in the contractors you are talking to?  Seen past work they have done?

All Best.

Todd E. Miller

I am available to answer any questions pertaining to residential (or other sloped) metal roofing. I have knowledge of most available products but I like to approach projects from a "needs" basis and analyze them individually. Additionally, I can answer most questions about building ventilation.

I have worked for a manufacturer of residential metal roofing since 1980. I currently serve as President and have been involved with a wide variety of projects of all types across the world.

I am a board member for Metal Construction Association, Metal Roofing Alliance, the local United Way, our church, and our son's school.

Over the years, I have had articles appear in several trade journals including RSI, Remodeling, and Qualified Remodeler.

I have a B.A. in Communications and have also completed three years of training with the E-Myth Academy.