Roofing/ventilation

Question
Hello

I have to replace a shingles roof plus part of the rood is flat,  here in Northern  AZ. where it is hot in summer and very cold in winter.  I got some quotes, some have more details than others..
What kind of vents should I insist upon?  Currently not much as it is an old house...  
Any other must requirement I should ask for?  For me it is much money to invest...

Thank you very much.  Gabe

Answer
Proper ventilation requires intake vents and exhaust vents. A great source of ventilation information is www.airvent.com

Do you have intake vents in the eave soffits of your home?  Would you like to send photos to me? My email is todd@asktoddmiller.com

Have you checked references in the contractors you are talking to?  Seen past work they have done?

All Best.

Roofing

Todd E. Miller