Roofing/ventilation on roof

Question
Hello

I have to replace a shingles roof plus part of the rood is flat,  here in Northern  AZ. where it is hot in summer and very cold in winter.  I got some quotes, some have more details than others..
What kind of vents should I insist upon?  Currently not much as it is an old house...  
Any other must requirement I should ask for?  For me it is much money to invest...

Thank you very much.  Gabe

Answer
Gabe,

I have installed roofing in Arizona and understand your venting concerns.As with any roof the proper ventilation is not just what and where it goes out but where does the fresh air come in. I would highly recommend a ridge vent be place across the entire peak of the roof if it is a shingled roof. Although an important thing is the intake vents in you overhangs or eaves of the house. Without proper intake air,what you put on the roof is a mute point. You may even have gable vents which is typical in Arizona they work great as well.I am a fan of ridge vents as they give you a constant flow of air a the highest point of the roof and we all know heat rises. Let it rise and flow out..

Thanks for Asking Gabe

Craig Stevens
COO
ARAC Alliance Restoration And Consulting  

Roofing

Craig Stevens