Roofing/Concrete Roof Tiles

Hi, Tom, and thank you for your past efforts.I have a concrete tile roof (Lifetile which is no longer in business) on my 23 year old home in Bend, OR. With a 50 year expected life span, I have 27 years left?!?!?
Living in a high desert climate results fairly wide temperature changes from season to season and from day to day.Furthermore, moss grows on my tiles, most commonly on the most downward edges. I have been told that concrete tiles are not harmed by this moss but I remain somewhat in doubt.  I have been considering installing zinc-treated flashing strips underneath the tiles to stop this growth once and for all rather than using the temporary method of using Moss Out or a similar product.  What is the best/most economical material to use, galvanized steel, copper wires, lead sheets or something else?"   Thank you very much.  John

Hi John

Moss on a tile roof is more a pain in the rear Then it hurts it.
Up in this market San Jose area we High pressure wash it and re-paint it.
The cost of doing it runs around $2.00 - $3.00 per sq ft every 12-15 years.

If it was me I would use a copper wire. If I used this method.

Thank You

Tom Souza  

Tom Souza

Can not help in The new single ply roof systems Rubber systems mostly wood shake, wood shingle, fiberglass shingles,Torch-on, some concrete some clay tile and some still tile gerard,decra tile

Roofing since 1974 and still in it.

Passed the CSLB for a C-39 ( Roofing ) 2006