Roofing/foam

Question
hi..i have a garage at home; a two car one. the attic above it has no insulation. so, in winter, the cold air comes down into the garage, and goes right into the house. i am thinking to put foam insulation in it, but need to ask..should i foam only the attic floor, so should i also put the foam until the roof deck as well? thank you!!

Answer
Foaming the attic floor will have great benefit. Is there any ventilation in that attic?  If there is, then I would not foam the roof deck too. If there isn't, there would be nothing detrimental to foaming the roof deck (other than cost and possible shorter shingle life) but I don't see any major additional benefit either.

I hope this helps.

www.asktoddmiller.com

Roofing

Todd E. Miller