hi..i have an attic over the garage and it has no insulation in it. in winter the cold air comes into the garage, and then into the house. i am thinking of getting foam sprayed into the attic. my question is, should i just have the floor of the attic done, or the floor and the roof deck as well?  im sure that will help out during the hot summmer also, but came up with idea of keep the cold winter air from getting in.  so  thank you!!

The object is to create one layer of insulation between you and the outside world. You're creating a bubble to live inside of. The smaller the bubble the easier it is to control and the cheaper it is to heat. No, you do not insulate the floor of the attic and also the roof or you will trap heat and air in-between.

Brad Zacharia

All aspects of residential Roofing. This includes shingles and flat (low slope) roofs. I have knowledge in the installation as well as the design of roofs from an engineering standpoint.

I have been doing roofing for 40 years. This was my father's business and I took it over in 1980.

I have written responses to artcles that I felt needed a response to and those responses have been published in roofing trade magazines.

BSEE Drexel University