Roofing/house is smelling glue

Question
Hello

Our single story house just got a new roof - Certainteed shingles part of the house -  and IB roofing system  (garage and kitchen).  Throughout the process there has been a heavy glue smell in the house.  Is it normal?  We aired it out, thought it was gone, turned on our central air system and the glue smell is back REALLY STRONG. What happened?  What do we do?  Is it toxic?  

Also, IB system on flat roof (looks like PVC) has some bubbles.  Can this affect the longevity of this roof system?   

Thanks,  Gabriel

Answer
IB is a PVC roof system. I have never worked with it. I don't know anything about the glue they would have used. You can contact IB and they can supply you with a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). You also don't know if the roofer actually used IB's glue. You'd have to find that out.

There should not be bubbles. If they are air bubbles the material can flex up and down until it cracks.

Brad

Roofing

Brad Zacharia