Roofing/IB roofing

Question
Hello

Our single story house just got a new roof - Certainteed shingles part of the house -  and IB roofing system  (garage and kitchen).  Throughout the process there has been a heavy glue smell in the house.  Is it normal?  We aired it out, thought it was gone, turned on our central air system and the glue smell is back REALLY STRONG. What happened?  What do we do?  Is it toxic?  

Also, IB system on flat roof (looks like PVC) has some bubbles.  Can this affect the longevity of this roof system?   

Thanks,  Gabriel

Answer
If the roof membrane is totally adhered to the flat roof, it maybe the adhesive (glue) that you smell. Also as you know when you buy a new vinyl (PVC) shower curtain there is a residual smell for a while. Well the PVC roof membrane will give off a similar odour.

If the bubble is under the membrane it means it is an air pocket or an area where there was not sufficient adhesive. If the bubble is in the membrane then it is a defect and performance will be affected.

Contact the manufacturer IB roof to find out how long the odor will persist.
www.ibroof.com

Hope this helps.

Roofing

D. John Henderson