Roofing/leaking

Question
I have a 2 story house with a  pitched roof, stucco on exterior walls. I have had 2 roofers out and they can not find a problem, window on first floor inside leaks. They both told me to spray water on the wall until it leaks,  never does--Only leaks when rain is falling at a angle towards that wall at a downward angle..  On the inside of the window, 1st floor  there is approx 5" overhang drywalled, where the water is coming in... The is also a 3 inch overhang on the exterior - I have put stop leak, silicone etc on the over hang, there is no way it is coming from there.. 2nd floor above leak is a window have recaulked every window etc,  found hairline crake in stucco and have now fixed that any thoughts?  I am in AZ...
Please help me
Jody

Answer
Jody ,

The only things i can point to are the slopes of your stucco sill and possibly the weep holes in your windows being plugged shut by the stucco installation. Some time the stucco installers do not realize these need to stay open to allow all condensation of the frames to drain out of them. Without actually seeing the project it is hard  to tell what you have going on there. But with stucco these are the usual suspects. Good luck and i might call out a window guy next.

Thanks for asking

Craig Stevens
ARAC
Alliance Restoration and Consulting  

Roofing

Craig Stevens