Roofing/roof vents or ridge vents

Question
We are having our home reroofed due to a hail storm. We would like to know which would be better and more efficient to install, ridge vents or roof vents. We have 8 roof vents on now. We do have sofets around the house now(front and back)for air flow. They will be starting the job tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Answer
To me, ridge vents are roof vents. The ridge is part of the roof. You probably mean vents in the field of the roof. Ridge vent would be better since it is evenly distributed along the entire length of the roof and covers both sides of the house and is much more visually appealing. You need soffit venting to compliment the ridge vent or neither will work.
Brad

Roofing

Brad Zacharia